Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cheesecake Bars

Cheesecake. Plain. No toppings. Blame it to my epidural, haha! Seriously, wanna know why it's plain? Here goes... we were in Trinoma last Saturday. We (Gie, me, and Icon) were having snacks at Jollibee while Sai was buying some grocery stuff to save time. Knowing how forgetful Sai can get when it comes to buying baking ingredients (yeah, selective amnesia! just kidding, baby *winks*), I told him to go about his shopping and I'll just text him what I needed for my cheesecake. Well, based on the previous cheesecake I baked, I thought of needing some butter, sour cream, and graham crust (in lieu of oreo cookies). I still have cream cheese at home and I'm sure the other ingredients are available in my mom's grocery cabinet. But it never occurred to me that I'd be needing some toppings this time, waaaah! Hence, instead of the strawberry cheesecake that I originally planned to make, with a bit of tweaking and some alibis, I came up with something different and it would be more fitting to call it "cheesecake bars" ;-)


thicker crust + thinner cheesecake = cheesecake bars...


Thanks for the help of my sous chef slash budding photographer, Gie! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. waaaaaaaah i want!!! gusto ko tlga cheesecakes! tikim naman nyan! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow naman mader may isang hirit ka pa pala sa cream cheese, samantalang ako naubusan na..hahhaha

    anyway, kelan ko kaya matikman yung mga luto mo na iyan??hehehe...looks so yummy naman. =)

    ~lei

    ReplyDelete
  3. @aleydis - naku, at last nakita ko na yung kasundo kong recipe! kasi yung unang attempt ko gumawa ng cheesecake, lasang eggpie talaga haha!

    @lei - mader, ang bilis mo naman umubos ng cream cheese! :o ako may isang batch pa... hopefully, ok pa sya by the time na umuwi kami ulit sa bulacan (march 26) haha =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. mag bake ka ulit ng cheesecake. double the quantity please?... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ubusin mo muna yung red velvet churva, haha! =P

    ReplyDelete